Friday, February 21, 2020

Best Friends Furever Cut Above Kit/Christmas Gift Recap

Close To My Heart has an adorable Cut Above kit called Best Friends Furever (that fits our 6"x8" Everyday Albums).  You can use the dog side or the cat side of each element of the collection- or like me use both!  I decided to make three identical ones of our pets for my husband and me plus both of our daughters.  They were supposed to be a Christmas present, but because I got sick, they were more like New Year's/Epiphany gifts.  (I did get them finished before the girls went back to college.)
The title page features two of our three current furbabies, Bella and Jellybean.
After I made this layout of Kodiak (yes, that is our now 21-year-old laying with him), I realized that I needed to include a lot of journaling, so I just made a cardstock strip that I added in.
Our next pet was Franklin.  I hid my journaling under his photo so that I could make everything fit.  (Flip flaps don't come with the kit, but I absolutely love to keep them on hand because I never know when I'm going to have more photos than layout design space.)


We mourned Kodiak for quite a while before buying Shadow.


We got Remy in 2010 and still have him today.
The right page uses two sets of flipflaps to include all that I needed to say.

Bella is our current dog, and at first we thought she was our missing Shadow.  She has grown on us, even if she is the most unappreciative rescue I think I've ever seen.

My husband found this adorable, near-dead kitten in early June last year.  I did not want another dependent, but now I can't image our lives without this little Jellybean!

Here are our three current furbabies.  I am hoping to get a picture of the three of them together at some point, but that may be an impossible task.

If you'd like to learn more about the Best Friends Furever Cut Above Kit (or to order your own), click HERE.  It goes together really easily following the provided instructions, and of course you can customize it to your heart's content!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails