Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes in the day-to-day grind, it's hard to stay focused on the positive. I am trying harder to have an "attitude of gratitude." Because I have so much for which to be thankful, I thought I'd post my gratitude from time to time.

This Monday I was thrilled to receive this gorgeous handstamped card in the mail from none other than Close To My Heart founder and CEO, Jeanette Lynton, and the three CTMH vice presidents Monica, Kristine, and Brian! If you can't read the card, it is thanking me for my contribution to the silent auction to benefit Operation Smile. (You can read more about that right here if you'd like.)
I have to say, getting this card was like getting the autograph of one of my favorite stars! Yep, I'm a stamping junkie! (DH just shook his head...) I am thinking that this one will have to be framed to go in the stamping studio whenever I get it moved.
Who doesn't like getting a card in the mail? Send one to someone today! If you'd like to support a member of our troops serving abroad, we have a local gentleman who would appreciate your prayers, cards, etc. He just happens to be the puppies' "other" human "grandpa." You can find his address here.

My sweet daughters brought me these flowers Monday evening. They picked them while walking the dog and then arranged them in one of my many little vases. Aren't they sweet?

Finally, I have to thank my friend (wife of the aforementioned soldier) for a very sweet gift yesterday! It will have to get its own future post so you'll just have to wait to find out what it is. (Nah nah!) She did manage to sneak one of the puppies away from the mama to bring over to our house for a little visit. She of course knew which one was the girls' favorite! Shadow was sooo good with his little offspring.

In the hustle and bustle today, be sure to take time to give thanks. Feel free to share your thankful thoughts here or link to your blog. Inky hugs!

5 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my healthy ( if sassy) children, wonderful place to live, and my very kind friends who have made my husbands separation from georgia easier.

    A card form jeanette -- wow, I would sleep with it! think what it is like to be her though, the bar is high for every card. Who do you think she sends her stinkers to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for family, health, and friends! Kudos to you on that card from Jeanette. Wow!!! I put a card in the mail just yesterday to JQ.

    Have I told you recently that you are my favorite first dtr? You are!...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many, many things to be thankful for - faith, family, and friends chief among them.
    What a neat card, that's indeed "a keeper."
    I have plans for some cardmaking tonight, including one to the aforementioned serviceman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Thankful for my family..our health and love for each other. I am thankful for my friends cyber and otherwise! I have a very small circle of friends and no extended family here in the US...They are all special!
    WOW on the card! I would frame it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your thankful thoughts and warm wishes! I love my friends and family so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails