Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sweet on Spring/ODBDSCL5 Challenge Card

Crazy title, right? Several things inspired this card. The sketch came from Our Daily Bread Designs. I thought that it was so lovely, and I already had the Juniper scalloped circle cut (leftover from another project).

My color scheme was inspired by the Close To My Heart Dare to Dream campaign ad (at right) and the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger "Sweet on Spring" photo.


The center flower is not one large stamp like it might look like. The stamp is actually four petals, so I stamped them tightly six times in a circle to create the flower. The center Sparkle was just what it needed for a little bling.



To add pink to the Veranda palette (Juniper, Garden Green, Creme Brulee, and Cocoa), I colored part of the B&T with my Blush marker and added Blush polka dots. I also sponged Blush ink onto the Veranda B&T to soften the edges and help it all blend together. The Blush polka dot paper is from the Jingle collection. I finished it off with Colonial White ribbon. Since I couldn't decide on an occasion, I'll stamp a sentiment inside when I decide who the recipient is.

Happy spring!

All supplies from Close To My Heart except the Martha Stewart scalloped border punch: Follow Your Heart stamp set; Veranda Creative Basics, Veranda My Reflections, and Jingle My Reflections paper packs; Blush ink and marker; Sparkle

6 comments:

  1. Aren't you the clever stamper, creating your very own petal flower! That is simply beautiful. Nice touch of Spring...bring it on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty!! I just love your flower and your colors!! So soft and elegant!! Stunning take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge. We hope you can join us for our Anniversary challenges starting on Saturday. There will be five days of fun, challenges, prizes, and a hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is so pretty. Almost matches your blog. :) Thanks for joining in on the ODBD challenge! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really love your take on this weeks Shining the Light Challenge!! Thanks so much for joining us!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails