Monday, April 13, 2015

H2H Challenges: Sketch for April

Heart 2 Heart Challenges has a great sketch for you to try this week, courtesy of our own Design Team Member, Nikka!  Don't you want to give it a try?  If you need some inspiration before you begin (or are ready to link up your project), visit the H2H blog.  Here's the inspiration sketch:
My card uses the Brushed paper pack and the Some Kind of Wonderful stamp set.  I knew I wanted to use one of the butterflies and a sparkle "trail."  Because of the direction of the bling, I knew that I needed to flip the pennants.
To create the butterfly, I stamped it three times: twice on scrap paper (in Canary and in Pixie) and once in black on the focal White Daisy card stock with a wing tip going off the edge.  I think cut out both top wings and both bottom wings, then adhered them to the focal piece.
Thanks for "fluttering by!"  Be sure to check out how the H2H Team Canary interpreted this sketch, and link up your own before the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. You are always teaching and inspiring. This card is beautiful. Yesterday's card class was super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails