Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Masked Torn Frame Technique & Butterfly Cards

Are there any Pinterest fans out there?!?  This card is CASEd from a gorgeous card that I found on Pinterest, and it uses a masked torn frame technique.  You'll also see several other cards here that I made in this "series."

To begin, create a frame with torn card stock and washi tape.
Then begin sponging ink onto your card panel, working from the lights color to the darkest.  I used Glacier, Lagoon, and Thistle.


Here is a one-layer card that I made which is very similar to the original.
The ladies in my card class opted for another version of this technique: sponge the panel first (without the framed mask) and then tear the edges to expose the white core.
 For this one I decided to stamp the butterflies in the same color as the background instead of using black ink.
 Finally, here's a quick card that I made using the same materials but without the sponging.
I'd like to link all of these up to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge, Anything Goes.

3 comments:

  1. I seriously like the sponged card. It is beautiful, and it was easy to do. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these cards! I will be making more of these. If I did not order the butterfly stamps, I need to - they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails