Monday, April 20, 2015

H2H Challenges: What a Wonderful World

Just in time for Earth Day this Wednesday, Heart 2 Heart Challenges has issued the "What a Wonderful World" challenge.  (Anybody else hear Louis Armstrong in the background?)  I really thought that this was going to be an easy one, but then when I carved out time to create, I was stumped.  My mind drifted, and this hot air balloon card made me think of floating over the Earth.  It might be a lame connection, but it's the best I've got this week!
This card uses three different paper packs: Blossom (new), Seaside (current), and Hopscotch (retired).  They share enough of the same colors that I thought they looked nice together.  I taught the ladies at my recent card class how to make a swing card without a Cricut cartridge, although the hot air balloons are cut with the CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge.
To give them a little perspective, I cut the balloons at 3", 2.5", and 1.75".  This quick card is embellished with new Ocean sparkles.

Since I don't have a specific use for the card (yet), I left off any sentiments.  I think it would be a great "just because" or thinking of you card, but what about a new baby, graduation, birthday, or even get well?  What other ways would you use this card?

Are you ready to share our wonderful world?  Hop on over to the H2H blog to see our design team's inspiration and to link up your worldly creation.

3 comments:

  1. You'd see a great deal of this wonderful world from a perch in a hot air balloon! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very appropriate card for Earth Day, and very versatile in its use. Love it; plus you made it easy to make for the class. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so fun. I love how you took this challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails