Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Pick of the Patch Layout

At my recent scrapbooking class, we created this fun fall layout that was perfect for our recent pumpkin patch adventure!

I started with a sketch from the NEW Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 6, which features single- and two-page layouts and cards.  I used Pumpkin, Honey Butter, Limeade (plaid from the Gnome for All Seasons- Autumn collection), Journey, and a pop of Royal.

To create this pretty cluster, I stamped the floral image from the Floral Notes stamp set on the background with Journey ink, and then use the blending brush to blend in a little more Journey. After stamping in Journey on the Thin Cut piece, I used our beautiful new colored pencils to color the flowers.  Notice how I used this technique and clusters in three places to move your eyes across the layout.  You can also see how I randomly stamped flowers in Pumpkin on the Pumpkin cardstock.


The stripes from the left page carry over to the right.


Here’s another close-up to show the title and the accent stamping.  I intentionally used a larger floral cluster on the bottom right to give this side a little more weight.


Don’t be afraid to mix fonts for a fun look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails