Saturday, October 19, 2024

Happy 18th Birthday Card

Time certainly flies, and it seems almost impossible that my nephew turned 18 yesterday!  (We had a lovely dinner together hosted by his parents.)  I made this gate-fold card for him based on Tuesday Morning Sketch #778.  (The sketch reminded me of making a similar card last month.)


I started with a Night of Navy cardstock base which I scored a 1.5" and again at 5.75".  I added pieces of Take to the Sky DSP that I stamped with images and sentiments from the August Paper Pumpkin kit.  I decided to add the "belly band" to keep the card closed (plus to have a little surprise underneath).  The band was pretty plain so I added the stamped candles to it.


When you remove the band, you see the 18 "candles"- just the numbers stamped with the candle flames added on them.

I continued the motif with more stamping on the White Willow panel on the inside.  I hope my sweet nephew likes his card (and the cash that came with it)!


2 comments:

  1. What a great birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for your nephew!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails