Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Eiffel Tower Gift Box

Of course I fell in love with the Amour stamp set and its lovely Eiffel Tower!  After browsing Pinterest, I came up with the idea of a pie/cake box Eiffel Tower gift box.  What do you think?
 It was easy to cut this box and lid with the CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge.  The base is Colonial White card stock, and the lid is cut from Desert Sand.
 To tie the box closed, I used a piece of retired Colonial White ribbon from my stash.
 Here's the lid with out the tie.  To create the grass, I masked off the area of the Eiffel Tower base, then sponged on Pear ink.  I used the arched swirls from the Amour stamp set to stamp the pretty swirls in the "grass."  (It really adds an elegant touch.)  I used another flourish to mimic clouds.  Below, you'll see how I jazzed up the box base: I stamped the text stamp with Lagoon ink, then trimmed down the Lagoon heart washi tape to a thinner thickness to use on the bottom.
 Here's a final peek at the completed box.  I'll need to add some bonbons before I give this as a gift!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you the clever gal! I share your love of most things French, so think this is tres bien...even if it is empty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute. Lends itself perfectly to the Eiffel Tower stamp! I like the flourishes in the grass, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails