Thursday, September 15, 2016

CTMH Technique Blog Hop: Flower Power

This month's CTMH technique blog hop is featuring the brand new CTMH/Cricut FLOWER MARKET collection!  You are so going to love the beautiful creations you can make with this awesome collection.  It has lots of cuts that aren't floral, too.  (If you're already hopping, then you've arrived from Michelle Loncar's blog.  To continue the hop, visit Tonya next.)
For my 8"x3.5" card, I decided to use the pretty succulents on the Flower Market cartridge.  I selected my color palette of Juniper, Whisper, and Fern (from the Oh, Deer collection) plus Thistle after looking at several pretty succulent images online.  Who would have thought to use the Christmas/winter Oh, Deer paper for a something obviously not wintry?  I love how versatile Close To My Heart's themed papers are!

To begin, I cut several different succulents from p. 40: Juniper at 2.75" and Thistle at 1.5" and 1" plus the SHIFT succulents at 2" and 1.25" (Whisper) and Fern (2").  Below, you can see the Juniper succulent pieces after they were cut.
For each succulent, I sponged the matching ink color onto the two base/largest pieces and then added a little White Daisy ink to the smaller pieces.  I also bent and shaped the card stock as I glued the pieces together to give them some dimension.  For the succulent cuts (as opposed to the SHIFT succulent cuts), I didn't use all the pieces because they were just too bulky for a card.
To finish my card, I stamped the sentiment (from the Flower Market collection) in Black onto the large piece of Oh, Deer B&T.  I also added White shimmer trim and silver sequins, plus the twine from the Oh, Deer Workshop Your Way.

Thanks for hopping by!  Enjoy the Flower Power hop and visit TONYA'S BLOG next!


4 comments:

  1. I love your succulents card!I haven't tried making them yet but your card and cuts really inspire me! I also love how you paired it with the paper from Oh Deer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! I haven't tried using the succulents yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! (and not at all Christmas-y)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails