Thursday, September 15, 2016

Holiday Expressions New Product Blog Hop

Have you seen the new Holiday Expressions Idea Book?!?  In it you'll find fabulous seasonal paper pack collections for your fall and winter crafting.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Melinda's blog, and you'll go to Lela's blog next.)
 For this hop, I am featuring the Oh, Deer! collection.  I made (from left to right) a gift card holder, a standard-sized side-fold card, and a 3"x3" card.  I also made a very non-holiday card with the Oh, Deer collection, the new CTMH/Cricut Flower Market cartridge, and the additional of Thistle card stock and ink.
Read more about this card HERE.
Now for the festive cards!  First up is a gift card holder.

 This gift card holder was cut from Ruby card stock with the (retired) CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge.  The deer head and medallion were cut with the CTMH/Cricut Artistry collection.  The band and medallion frame were cut with Desert Card Stock and tied with the twine included in the Oh, Deer Workshop Your Way.  I stamped the Swirling Stars stamp set in White Daisy on the card front.
For this standard, side-fold card, I random stamped the bells from the A Little Jingle stamp set  (M1147) in Whisper, Desert Sand, and Sea Glass.  On a 1.25" White Daisy square, I gold heat embossed the sentiment.  I also heat embossed the bells in gold and silver then cut out to accent the sentiment.  This card sketch is from Make It From Your Heart, Volume 2.
 That pretty star is from the Oh, Deer Workshop Your Way embellishments.  I also added a strip of silver shimmer trim.

My final card uses the pine cone cut from CTMH/Cricut Artistry collection.  The pine cone base is Cocoa card stock, and the needles (top layer) are Juniper.  I used the direct-to-paper technique to add White Daisy ink to the Juniper pine needles.  When that dried, I painted on the needles with the new clear Shimmer Brush.  The White shimmer trim is not included in the Oh, Deer Workshop Your Way (but the twine is!).  I embellished this card also with white epoxy gems from the white and gray collection!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope that you're getting into the holiday crafting season.  Visit Lela's blog next!
Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.

9 comments:

  1. I love the non-traditional colours for Christmas and your projects are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! The jingle bells card is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous- especially that jingle bell card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards, and really like the gift card holder....great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I like that swirly star background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards, especially the embossed one. They are all beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails