Thursday, September 1, 2016

September Stamp of the Month: Blessed Beyond Measure

Welcome to the September stamp of the month blog hop featuring Blessed Beyond Measure.  This lovely stamp set has me thinking of fall, cooler temperatures, and my many blessings.  Join me and my fellow consultants as we give you ideas of how to use this stamp set.  (If you're already hopping then you've arrived from Jennifer's blog, and you'll go to Maureen's blog next.)

This set coordinates with the CTMH/Cricut Artbooking cartridge.  I knew that I wanted to create multicolored leaves, so rather than cut out leaves with the Cricut, I made a mask so that I could sponge color onto my card to create some of the leaves.  (The little leaf at the bottom right was cut out of a piece of Saffron from the Enchanted Fundamentals.)

I lined up my ink pads and a sponge or dauber so that I wouldn't accidentally mix my colors.  No one wants Ruby in in their Saffron ink pad!  I lined them up from lightest to darkest, plus Fern.  (From left to right, the colors are Saffron, Goldrush, Poppy, Ruby, and Fern.  Not pictured is Cocoa, also used on this project.)
Then I sponged onto my mask from lightest colors to darkest to create the beautiful leaves.  (I finished them off with stamping the veins in Cocoa.)

Thanks so much for hopping by!  I hope that you and yours are Blessed Beyond Measure.  Now go see Maureen's pretty project!
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}


13 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! I love the sponged leaves idea, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful card and great technique! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!! Now I've got to try this too! Beautiful job Haley!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cleaver to create a sponged leaf from the cut stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing how you created it. This is something I definitely want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haley, what a beautiful card! I'm late to the hop 😄 but I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is amazing! creating a mask is brilliant, and with the random stamping, the effect looks like leaves blowing in the fall wind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I love the way you colored your leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails