Wednesday, September 13, 2023

September Stamp of the Month Double-Z Gatefold Birthday Card

This card is for a special stamping friend's birthday and was inspired by fellow Close To My Heart Maker, Amy McGrew.  I used the September stamp of the month, Thoughtful Tokens, paired with the last catalog cycle's Mix-In paper pack in Sage, Glacier, Honey Butter, and Sapphire.


This card style is knows as a double-z gatefold card.  Because the Mix-In paper I chose had Sage patterns on both the front and back, I accented the paper with Honey Butter from the same collection (using both sides- one side on the triangles and the other side on the band).


On the inside panel, I stamped the filigree in Glacier and the sentiment in Sapphire.  To create the focal medallion, I inked up the main image in Sage and then rolled it in Sapphire (and blended in a little Glacier ink for contrast).  For the butterfly accent, after stamping on scrap in Sapphire, I used a blending brush to add Honey Butter ink.  It seemed to smear a little, but adding Honey Butter shimmer brush really accented the butterfly beautifully.  Some foam tape, retired Sapphire embroidery floss, and the film strip stamped in Glacier and Sage finished off the accents.

I hope my friend likes her birthday card as much as I do!  

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails