Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School with H2H!

This week at Heart 2 Heart challenges, it's back to school! (I've been back to school for almost two weeks, so that's ALL I've got on the brain right now!)

I thought that I would create something quick, easy, and cute (my crafty motto?). These items will probably go to my student teacher at the end of her term, although my DD is already telling me that I need to make some for her teachers.

Can you guess which *new* paper pack I used? I'll share at the end of the post!

The first item is a simple paper lunch sack. While you can definitely stamp on these, I took the easy way out and basically created a card front that I glued to the bag. Fill it with goodies (think chapstick, Advil, paper clips, pens, pencils, etc.). Fold the top down, punch two holes, and thread in some pretty ribbon (or jute or hemp or leather strips...). Tie in a bow or knot and voila! Instant gift bag.

The next project is a 4"x4" card that can be tucked into the gift bag. You may be able to tell on the B&T paper that I added Sunny Yellow stripes with a marker since this is actually Christmas paper and not back-to-school paper. Believe me when I say that it's Christmas paper transformed! I used my "In the Month of August" stamp set, which is now retired. One image per color was an easy way to make sure that my card was well balanced. Do you see the hint of glitter on the A+? It's our new RED Glitter Glitz Gel!

Finally, the note pad: it is a simple mini legal pad that measures approximately 5"x8". I cut amd stamped paper to decorate the ugly factory strip at the top and then stamped on random pages throughout the notepad. Easy peasy!

So, have you guessed which paper pack it is? The colors are Sweet Leaf, Holiday Red, and Sky with a touch of Topiary. To keep the BELIEVE paper pack from looking so Christmas-y, I added Sunny Yellow. Perfect school colors now!


Let's see your back-to-school colors! Join us at H2H- it's easy to play along. You'll move to the head of the class if you join us before AUGUST 27! (That is the deadline for ALL of the August challenges.) We're giving away prizes and ten talented participants will be chosen as our Top 10 of the month. Go check out our fabulous guests this week and all the Design Team's creations, then link your back-to-school projects up at H2H.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the yellow stripes added to the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see right away what paper you used, and it was genius for this very cute set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever gal. Talented, too:) Very nice projects...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute & clever ideas. I will have to do something for my daughters teacher. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails