Monday, August 15, 2011

H2H Challenges: From Our Heart to Yours CASE Challenge

This week's Heart 2 Heart challenge is a monthly feature we like to call "From Our Heart to Yours." This week, we're sharing our style for you to CASE. What's a CASE? Why, copy and steal exactly, of course! (Usually, however, it's a CASE with a twist of your own style.)

So, which H2H Design Team Member's style is most like yours? We'd love to see who inspires you. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

As for "my" style, I really struggled with this challenge! Since I love to use sketches, I decided to make a card using the Wishes "Top Band" pattern. You can find a PDF with instructions for this card sketch right HERE if you'd like to use this sketch too.

It is probably easier for me to define who I'm not as a crafter rather than who I am. I think that I'm generally a simple gal, but that doesn't mean that I won't glam it up when the occasion calls for it. I like to stamp, but I don't like to color. I love to get inky with a little distressing or stamp rolling. Tearing is another fun, simple technique that I like.

While this card is probably busier than my usual style, it's thanks to this gorgeous CTMH Dreamin' paper. All those beautiful flowers on the front are part of the paper, not anything that I did! (The butterfly was white with the black text, but I colored it by sponging first with Bamboo to antique the white and then with a bit of Pacifica to give it dimension and to match the project better.) The Dreamin' paper pack may not be my first choice of colors (I'm not much of a yellow girl unless it's 14 karat.) but there's just something that I love about this paper. Maybe it's the hints of cool that we're starting to feel underneath all this hot Southern heat.

We hope that you'll join us once again this week at H2H for another fun challenge! You have until the end of the month to play along with any of August's challenges and to be eligible for our Top 10 and/or the prize packs. Get your game on and CASE away!

3 comments:

  1. Love that card, Haley! And I think it is definitely "you"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! There's a lot going on, but it isn't hard to do (my criteria)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, wonderful sentiment, and I love the torn paper effect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails