Monday, August 29, 2011

H2H Color Challenge: Pear, Sorbet, and Cocoa

This week's H2H challenge is a great color combo for you! We can't wait to see how you use Pear, Sorbet, and Cocoa. (Don't these colors sound yummy?)

Are you starting to feel a touch of fall in the weather where you are? It's still hot during the day here, but we're starting to feel a nip of fall in the mornings and evenings. This delicious color combo made me think fall too. For my card, I followed the "pint-quart-gallon rule" of color theory: use a little bit of one color (Cocoa), a bit more of the second color (Pear) and lots of the main color (Sorbet). Using the "Done Right" sketch from Wishes and the National Stamping Month Pair-A-Phrase stamp set, this card came together quickly.


After using both markers and my waterbrush to color the adorable owl (with a touch of Desert Sand ink thrown in to lighten her up a bit), I decided that she needed a little something. I stamped the swirl stamp around the edges in Pear, which reminded me a bit of leaves in the trees. Finally, I distressed all of my papers with Cocoa ink to age them a bit. Not only does this distressing define each piece, but I think it helps tie them all together. I purposely did not stamp a sentiment onto this card. When I decide how I want to use it, it will be easy to stamp an appropriate sentiment on the Pear portion of the front.


The finishing touches were the piece of Colonial White grosgrain ribbon across the bottom (that also helps draw attention to the tone-on-tone Sorbet stamped swirls across the bottom), and scrunched up piece of Sorbet ribbon, and Mocha Opaques to accent the owl's eyes.


Now, you have to go visit the H2H Challenge blog to see all the fabulous creations the Design Team members came up with! You are going to love all the variety you'll find, from over-the-top amazing to clean-and-simple creations. We at H2H welcome all skill levels to play along! This week we're playing for fun, but prizes will begin with our first September challenge next month. At the end of the month, not only will we recognize our Top 10 and a Guest Designer, but we'll also recognize the crafters who complete every challenge. Won't you join us? All you need is a little Close To My Heart products to get you going. Happy crafting!

5 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails