Monday, July 30, 2012

H2H Challenges: Use Your Scraps

This final Heart 2 Heart July challenge is to use your scraps!  That's right, dig into your CTMH paper stash and create something from those bits and pieces.  After putting together my 10-page Footloose scrapbook worshop, I had lots of pieces left, so I knew they were the perfect starting point.  I also grabbed my 4 My Friend stamp set with its cute sayings.  A little bakers twine, Paradise paper flowers, and a few gemstones were the odds and ends to finish them off.

For this first card, I did grab a White Daisy card base (also from my stash) and used one of my favorite trendy uses for scraps: pennants or banners.  Staggering the length and width is easy.  For several of these, I just had to cut the "triangle" out of the bottom.  I did ink all the edges in Cocoa ink.


Another fun use for scraps is to create a mosaic using paper pieces as tiles.  This Lagoon card base was made with one of the large pieces of cardstock in the scraps pile.  As you can see, I began laying out the pieces to make a design, trimming them as needed to fit the space.  To help with any overlap or gaps, and to give each piece definition, I also edged them in Cocoa ink.
If you'd like some more inspiration, be sure to go check out what the H2H Design Team has in shared with you this week.  You have until Saturday to link up to any of our July challenges, so pull out those scraps and get busy!

Don't forget that many Close To My Heart products are retiring July 31 (like this Footloose paper pack and 24 ink/cardstock colors and all current markers), so be sure to get your favorites before they're gone!  If you don't already have a CTMH consultant, feel free to visit my website.

4 comments:

  1. one of my fave paper packs, and you have made a great card with the scraps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even prettier in the real! Love keeping the scraps and then finding just the perfect way to use them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Hayley. I love the mosiac one, I haven't made a mosiac card in a long time, you've inspired me to try agian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these cards... I can't pick a favourite as they are both awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails