Monday, July 16, 2012

H2H Sketch Challenge

Heart 2 Heart Challenges has a great sketch for you to try this month!  (You can participate in any of our July challenges until Aug. 4!)

As you can see, I turned the sketch but stayed pretty true to the original.  I used the beautiful Soar butterfly image from the July stamp of the month, Live Out Loud as my focal piece.  (I inked it up in Creme Brulee, Sunset, Tulip, Lagoon, Olive, and Cocoa to achieve this rainbow effect.)  The papers are from the Stella paper pack.  (To get the zip strip in the middle, I cut a piece to fit my card front, and then cut off an inch and brought that bottom piece up to the top.)  My half circles are Just Blooms Paradise paper flowers assortment: I just folded the paper flowers in half and tucked them behind the zip strip.  They are really pretty in person!  The flourishes are the bottom left scroll of the "S" in Soar.

Here's a close up of the Soar image:

Now, it's your turn to try this sketch!  Just remember to use some CTMH products and link up to the H2H blog before the end of the month.  Go check out my team's beautiful projects this week for more inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the rainbow effect on the stamp. And the sketch totally works on its side too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soar image is stunning, multi-coloured like that! Lovely take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your take on the sketch! And the colors for the "soar" are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you did the SOAR. Great flip of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails