Monday, June 15, 2015

CTMH Technique Blog Hop: A Call for Back Up

This month we're bringing you a fun technique, a Call for Back-Up, which you can find on p. 80 of the current Close To My Heart idea book.  (If you're already hopping along this technique hop, then you've arrived here from Michelle's blog.  After you check out my project, go visit Tonya next.)

Although the original technique calls for using a border punch, we knew that you could also achieve a great look with your Cricut.  My card began with the CTMH/Cricut Artfully Sent cartridge and the pretty new (while supplies last) Blossom paper pack.
This pretty card is cut easily using the "R" key of the Artfully Sent cartridge.  I used the Artfully Sent frames and sentiments for my focal sentiment.  To fill in the cut out butterflies, I first began by making a liner for the inside of the card (1/4" smaller on one long and one short side).  Then I was able to back each of the "holes" of the butterfly cutout (onto the White Daisy card stock liner) with scraps from the Blossom paper pack and Lagoon heart washi tape.



I used a little white shimmer trim, Lagoon heart washi tape, and Coral sequins along with the CTMH Artfully Sent card sentiments and frames stamp sets.
Here's a peek at the inside.  I used two of the butterfly cutouts to embellish the White Daisy card liner.

Thanks for checking out my take on the Call for Back-Up technique.  Be sure to check out what the other nine designers have in store for you by clicking to go on to Tonya's blog.

5 comments:

  1. Love the addition of the butterflies! Great card ~ love the way the butterflies are showing on the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super great card! Love those special butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card. I need to get busy with cards again! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Butterflies in the flowers, perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Great idea to back the butterfly cut-outs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails