Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Crush Bluebird Cards

You've heard about this month's My Crush promotion, right?  If you buy a My Crush book and its assortment, you'll get the coordinating stamp set FREE.  At my recent Summer Card Class, I wanted to show how you could use the pieces beyond the book.  I pulled out pieces of the Bluebird Assortments that I thought would look nice on a card front.  Then I made card bases, mats, and strips from Indian Corn Blue, Thistle, and Sweet Leaf card stocks.  I also liked how the Crystal Blue polka dot paper from the Wanderful pack matched.  Each lady had a different selection of pieces to use on a card.  They were all lovely!  (Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of all their creations.)
For the top card, I used two different My Crush squares layered onto an Indian Corn Blue mat with a piece of the polka dot paper embellished with shimmer trim.  I added the four purple glitter gems.  The arrow is a sticker from the Assortment.
The second card uses the same basic materials (minus the shimmer trim) but with the addition of the Love This stamp set (stamped on the Indian Corn Blue strip and on the sticker).

Don't be afraid to take your products beyond their intended use!  I started out as a scrapbooker and quickly realized that I use my supplies to make cards too.  The sky's the limit on what you can create!

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are cute as cute can be. Great color combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails