Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Lego Birthday

My youngest nephew turned 7 earlier this month, so I had to make him a Lego card to celebrate.
 To get started, I selected my card stock colors of Pacifica, Cranberry, and Honey.  I grabbed a simple office hole punch and punched out 6 circles from Pacifica card stock.  Using them as a guide, I decided that a 1"x1.25" piece was the perfect fit to make a Lego.  I made two identical Cranberry pieces for the base and a 1" square Honey piece for the top of the Lego "cake."
Shimmer trim seems like a fun base for the "cake," and I embellished the sentiment (from the CTMH/Cricut Art Philosphy collection) with red epoxy hearts.
Make a pocket card to hold $7 for the seven-year-old is easy.  Start with a piece of 4.25"x12" card stock.  Fold up 1" so that the card base is now 4.25"x11".  Fold that in half to make a standard-size card.  Staple the little pocket and then line the inside with White Daisy card stock.
I think he liked it along with his birthday presents!

2 comments:

  1. What a darling card for our cutie...who also loves to make cards! I know he appreciated the card AND the contents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE card! That boy does like his Legos, and I'm sure your card was a big hit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails