Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Happy Retirement!

A dear colleague (and our daughter's 1st grade teacher) retired last week.  While this card looks like a graduation card, I made for her for her retirement.  The inside says, "Congratulations on your 'graduation' to retirement!"  She's an avid reader who is also writing a mystery novel so I thought that this owl from the Teacher Appreciation stamp set was a great fit.
The "congratulations" stamped all across the card base is from the Diploma Day stamp set.  I used pieces from the Chalk It Up paper pack and a sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 2.  Embellishments include teal shimmer trim, a black epoxy star, and black sparkles.
I think she's happy to be retiring!  Best wishes, Mrs. Turlington, as you begin this new chapter in your life!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous twist on an old theme! I know Mary will love it...and the kids and co-workers will ALL miss her. Happy Retirement to Mrs. T!!! Get busy writing...and stamping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Happy Retirement, Mrs. T., enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails