Monday, June 1, 2015

H2H Challenges: Warm Vs. Cool

Happy June!  It's the first Monday of a new month and that means the kick off for a new Heart 2 Heart Challenge!  This week (and open all month long), we have a fun color challenge for you: warm vs. cool.  Maybe the weather in your neck of the woods will inspire you with this one; maybe not.
My card design was inspired by a card that I saw on Pinterest but unfortunately didn't pin and therefore can't give credit.  (Let me know if you find the original card!)  I wanted to mimic the diagonal stripes and go with the warm vs. cool color scheme, so I paired Lagoon washi tape and teal shimmer trim with Honey washi tape.  The butterfly and sentiment (stamped in black) are from the exclusive hostess-only stamp set, Paper Bird.  (I stamped the butterfly on the card, then once on Lagoon B&T from the Chalk It Up paper pack, and again on a piece of Honey card stock, which I then paper pieced onto the card front.)  The pop of black card stock mat on the Honey card stock card was the perfect finishing touch.  Oh, and so were a few black sparkles.

Thanks for checking out my warm vs. cool card.  Be sure to visit the H2H blog for inspiration and to play along with us!

7 comments:

  1. Great card- I have been seeing the Paper Bird stamp set a lot lately so I might just have to get my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm really liking Washi tape. Oh, and please tell me again when the June card class will be, I've misplaced the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this combination of colors. Your butterfly is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Haley! Love that butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you include the Teal Shimmer trim with your Washi. It all just goes so well together -- and love the paper pieced butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails