Saturday, June 6, 2015

My Crush Blog Hop

Are you totally crushing on Close To My Heart's June My Crush collection special offer?  If not, then you will be after you hop through this blog hop!  You are not going to believe all of the creative ways you can use these adorable little books and/or the coordinating accessories and stamp sets.  To see all the great ideas, just hop through this cool Crush hop.  (If you're already hopping then you've arrived from Gina's blog, and you'll go to Brenda's blog next.)

Can you guess which My Crush collection I used to make this Welcome Baby card?  (Your choices are In the Pink, Modville, Bluebird, Holiday Happenings, and Wildwood.)

{Click HERE for all the hop participants & their blogs.}

If you guessed the Christmas-themed Holiday Happenings Assortment, you're spot on!  I wanted to try to use this collection in a non-Christmas manner, and I think that I succeeded.  This sweet little cherub made me think of making a baby girl card, so I ran with it.
After picking out the cherub card and a coordinating envelope to use as a mat, I selected the Ruby 4"x6" card with the quotation area and roses.  I stamped Congratulations from the CTMH/Artfully Sent sentiments stamp set in Desert Sand ink and then stamped the vines from the Love This stamp set (part of the My Crush collection and special offer this month) in New England Ivy in first and second generation.
The flower is also from the Love This stamp set.  I stamped it in Desert Sand onto a pretty, square piece from the Holiday Happenings Assortment and then cut it out.  To finish the card, I used gold polka dot washi tape, ruby washi tape, gold shimmer trim, gold sequins, and metallic baker's twine.  I mounted the 4"x6" Holiday Assortment onto a 4.5"x6.5" piece of Basics embossed card stock and then onto 5"x7" Colonial White card embellished with gold polka dot and ruby washi tape and stamped vines.

Be sure to check out the Close To My Heart My Crush special offer this month after you've been inspired by everyone's artwork.

Please leave me a quick comment to let me know what you think of the non-holiday card with the My Crush Holiday Happenings Assortment and the Love This stamp set.  Then, go check out Brenda's My Crush creation!


12 comments:

  1. Love your card. You would never know some pieces came from a Holiday set. I almost used the cherub, but for a Valentine. There is a "Love" sticker in the set that I thought would go well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the Christmas pages can be used for non-Christmas, one of the things I love about hoe versatile the products are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun idea, way to be creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you mixed up the different assortments. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I love the versatility of using a "Christmas" book to make something totally non-Christmasy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nostalgic card - well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great out of the box idea! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome non christmas christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great non-traditional use :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails