Friday, February 7, 2014

CTMH Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book Blog Hop

I am super excited about the unveiling of the Close To My Heart 2014 Spring/Summer Idea Book!  You're going to love seeing how our fabulous blog hop consultant group has put these great new products to use in this fun blog hop.  (If you're already hopping, then you've already been wowed by the wonderful Wendy Coffman. You will hop on over to the talented Terry Ann Diack's blog next.  If you get lost anywhere along the way, feel free to come back here for the complete list of hoppers.)

My contribution to this hop is a card known as a side stair step or stair step card (tutorial HERE):

To make this card, I used the NEW Balloon Ride paper pack and color palette to stamp one of the two hot air balloon images from the NEW Give a Lift stamp set with Cashmere ink onto Champagne card stock.  Then, I cut and scored my card to make the side stair step card.  If you'd like a brief tutorial on how to make this card, click HERE.  (I decided to try to keep my blog hop post short for your hopping pleasure!)  Then I stamped and cut the various elements that you see here.
To color in this gorgeous balloon image, I created several masks, sponged with the "quick coloring" technique (see my tutorial for more on how to do this), and also colored with Sorbet and Creme Brulee markers, plus Cashmere and Saddle inks with a blending pen.
The cheery "Wishing you happiness and sunshine" image was stamped onto a piece I cut with the CTMH/Cricut Artbooking cartridge.  The base was stamped with Creme Brulee ink, then I inked up and stamped the sentiment in Sorbet and Saddle.  The scalloped portion was cut with the CTMH/Cricut Art Philosphy cartridge.  The "best wishes" banner (Saddle and Crystal Blue inks) was hand cut and adhered to the very front panel.
To embellish my card, I used a resin medallion/button piece from the NEW Balloon Ride assortment and some Bronze shimmer trim.  I so love all of our shimmer trims!  (We've added Teal and Pink!)  Can you see the faux brads I made from the shimmer trim?  Just use a hole punch!  Finally, here's another fun perspective of the side stair step fancy fold card design.

If you don't already have your own Spring/Summer Idea Book, you can view it HERE.  (And if you don't have a consultant already, just let me know, and I'll be happy to get in your hands!)

Before you hop on over to the talented Terry Ann Diack's blog, I'd love to know what you think of this card, the Give A Lift stamp set, and the Balloon Ride paper pack.  Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the stair step effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Excited about the new catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice details. Your balloon looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have to decide if I want to buy this paper pack now or maybe later,,, Your card is very cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, stamp set, and paper! Can we make this in class?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Joy: We will be making a side step card at my April card class (mid- to late-April). Be on the lookout for the info! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails