Saturday, February 15, 2014

CTMH Technique Blog Hop: Washi Tape

Welcome to the wonderful world of washi tape!  (I couldn't resist some awesome- or annoying?- alliteration!)  Join me on this technique blog hop to explore the versatility of washi tape.  (If you've already started the technique blog hop, you should be arriving from Michelle Loncar's blog.  You'll go to Michelle Battitori's blog next.)
Washi tape makes decorating glass soooo easy!  I used our Ruby chevrons and silver washi tape to decorate this glass jar full of chocolate kisses.  (The top is a Ruby rose that I cut with my CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge.)  You could easily use washi tape to personalize glasses at a party or decorate vases to fit any theme!  The washi tape will pull off easily for clean up if you don't want to permanently decorate your glassware.
The matching card uses the (retired) Sparkle & Shine paper pack and the CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge again.  I covered the inside of the heart with the matching washi tape and then adhered the central panel with  the silver washi.
Here's a storage tip for you:
 I am really lucky to be able to use our basement kitchen as my crafty studio.  I have filled the pantry with my card stock.  To label each section, I cut out our color palettes from an old catalog and used my Lagoon washi tape to adhere each piece to the appropriate section of the pantry.
 I also have an entire page of our colors with my inventory checked off on it to let me know what I have and what I still need.  Again, the washi tape makes it easy to remove/update.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Now go see what the marvelous Michelle B. has in store for you next!




7 comments:

  1. Great ideas for using washi tape! That's a great temporary way to jazz up glass. The rose on top of the jar is BEAUTIFUL, and the card is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, can't wait to see this in the real. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your great projects. The heart card is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute ideas :) Love the the retired paper looks great for other projects than just Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails