Friday, February 28, 2014

March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Happy Place

It's time for the March stamp of the month blog hop!  Be sure to click through the entire hop to see some fabulous ideas with the March stamp of the month, Happy Place.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived here from Judy Faye's blog.  You'll visit my fellow Heart 2 Heart Challenges design team member, Jen Patrick, next.)
As soon as I saw this stamp set, I thought of my Grandmother!  She definitely inspired my love of nesting dolls.  I gathered up some old photos that had all been taken at her house to create this layout.  (Too bad I couldn't find any photos of her nesting dolls, but I can still tell my story without them.)
 Using two sketches from Reflections and the Ariana paper pack, I was able to create this layout pretty quickly.  I embellished it with the Ariana Assortment and our blue & green epoxy bubbles.
 These photos are really old (1974, 1979, and mid-80s), so they aren't photographing well (but they look good in real life).
Here's a close up of those pretty nesting dolls.  I am liking our alcohol markers more and more!  They are making it easier to color these girls!
Can you tell which kid is me?

{Hint: I'm sitting beside my grandmother.}

Thanks for hopping by.  Go check out Jen's creation now!

10 comments:

  1. Great coloring and what a fitting layout for this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, and your nesting dolls look fabulous. I love the alcohol markers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, these photos make my eyes leak, but they are happy leaks! Great job. I certainly wanna see them for real. Happy memories.

    Dad was MIGHTY impressed with his birthday card. Srsly impressed. Great job all the way around.

    You are always create super layouts...and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice layout. I zoomed in to take a closer look at your "family" picture. Pretty sure my mom bought the same shirt for my brother, and he must have went to the same barber to get his hair cut. Oh, those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I didn't know which one is you, I might not be able to guess. Great layout, these nesting dolls are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I love how well these papers work with our "vintage" photos, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made the little dolls so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love to look at your scrapbook pages! I feel I am part of your family! It must feel good to get them done and in your scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails