Tuesday, February 11, 2014

H2H Challenges: Hearts

Heart 2 Heart Challenges would be remiss not to host a HEART challenge this time of year!  My contribution hopefully takes a little more masculine twist on the Ivy Lane paper pack and this challenge.  (I'm planning to give this card to my DH on Friday.)
Purple & green have long been a favorite color combo for me, and I love how fresh and interesting it is in Ivy Lane.  I used Smokey Plum ink and 2nd generation Pear to coordinate with this paper pack as I stamped the sentiment from my Holiday Tags stamp set.
If you couldn't tell, my heart is 3-dimensional yet will lay flat for mailing.  Making this type of 3-D design element is easy!  I began with my CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge, which has the scalloped heart and plain heart together on p. 71.  They're sized to fit together, so I set my dial at 2.5" and cut the base, then cut three identical plain hearts.  I chose one for the top and folded it in half with the purple side "up."  For the other two, I folded them so that you would see the green side inside the fold.  Then I glued them all together like you see in the photo able.

Since this card is for my Valentine, I kept my embellishments simple: bronze shimmer trim and (retired) Smokey Plum Sassy Strands.  (Who remembers them?!?  It's my 14th CTMH anniversary this month so I certainly do.)

Thanks for checking out my card!  Be sure to check out all of our H2H Team Cocoa designers' HEARTfelt creations!  I'm also linking up my card to Freshly Made Sketches #122 , the Papertake Weekly Challenge "with a heart," the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #197 I Heart You, and the Cards in Envy "Love Is in the Air" challenge.  (Cards in Envy requires that your cards be easily mailed AKA not so "lumpy bumpy.")

12 comments:

  1. Cute card, love your hearts. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and a great take on the sketch! Love the dimension in the heart. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! And great job on getting your hubby's Valentine made ahead of time. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Enjoyed the Open House on Saturday, thanks for having us there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for your hubby. How'd you get to 14 years already??? Surely it was half that when you started! Sheesh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the non traditional colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 3d heart! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the 3-D heart! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun card and love the colors...would totally work as a nontraditional Valentine over at Die Cuttin' Divas this week. Glad you joined n at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really pretty, I like the non traditinal Valentine colors! Thanks for joining FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The nontraditional colors work well for a masculine card. I'm sure your husband appreciated it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love purple and green, great card. Thank you for joining us at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails