Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Wishing you a bit o' luck today!
How do you make a St. Pat's Day card when you don't have any stamps for the occasion? And there isn't enough time to buy some? (Gasp!) Turn a heart stamp into a shamrock, of course! Participants at my recent card class and I used a little heart stamp from the A Game stamp set, stamped it four times in a cluster, drew a marker "stem," and called it Irish.
The background technique takes advantage of this month's CTMH special: free blocks. Ink up your block (w/o any stamps) and then press onto your cardstock. Instant block o' color! (The border is a unique feature of CTMH blocks.)
We finished off this simple card by stamping the border from the Wings Workshop on the Go stamp set onto the Pear patterned paper (in Pear ink). I think it looks quite Celtic on this card.
Well, enough of my blarney! Have yourself a great day, and don't forget the wearing o' the green! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love this card - so simple but so cute! Thanks, Haley, and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely trace your roots back to the Emerald Isle on dad's side times two!

    Re-use...re-purpose. That works! Cuteness...Happy St. Pat's Day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is cute. I must admit, I never had an Irish image until I was at my LSS last week and then I noticed some unmounted at the checkout. Gotta love those last minute buys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails