Friday, March 25, 2011

Mojo Monday Meets Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: Citrus Celebration

This deliciously inspiring photo is this week's Moxie Fab "Citrus Celebration" Tuesday Trigger. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I would make my own cupcake liner using the Pear polka dot paper from the Close To My Heart Sophia collection. I've seen some great cupcakes made with crimped paper and half circles, so off I went.

These colors pushed me out of my comfort zone a bit, which is always challenging but fun. I think the yellow makes a great lemon cupcake (of the no-calorie variety). I think it will be the perfect card for a sweet young lady we know who has a birthday in June. She is definitely a citrus-y, neon kind of gal!


I couldn't resist pairing it with this week's Mojo Monday sketch #183. I was able to use up lots of scraps from a variety of CTMH paper packs (4 total). I couldn't believe how well they worked together. Can I let you in on a little secret? The yellow paper is the back side of the patriotic, primary Fanfare paper pack! Of course I love the dashes of pink that the Sophia floral paper provides.

I also realized that this fits the current Charisma Cardz challenge: Birthday for a Teen. (Our sweet friend who will receive this card will be turning 13!)

Supplies from Close To My Heart: Tag the Occasion stamp set; Sophia, Olivia, Hooligans, and Fanfare paper packs; Pear and Sunny Yellow inks; Pear and Sunset markers; 2" scalloped paper punch; 1-1/4" circle punch; Pear Mini-Medley Accents



Other: 1-1/2" scallop punch; thin yellow Offray ribbon; paper crimper

7 comments:

  1. Love the crimped cupcake liner! Such a cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute as cute can be! You think outside the box and work a little magic...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute! I think that scallop punch might make a cute scoop of ice cream, too, with a triangle for the cone instead of a cupcake bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet card, thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Haley! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for giving it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for a teen, love those papers.
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails