Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sensational Seasons Cards: Babies or Easter?

Aren't these bunnies sweet? At 4.75"x3", I think this card would make a great baby gift enclosure card, either with Peter Rabbit's twin or Mama Bunny. These cards all use the "Center Accent" sketch pattern from Originals and were all colored with watercolor pencils.

You may be asking, "What are watercolor pencils and how do they compare with regular pencils?" You can use them just like you would regular colored pencils, or you can add water to blend them. I love how they look blended with water! (I used a waterbrush with mine, but a blending pen or thin paintbrush would work too.) I think that even though it takes two steps (color w/pencil and then w/water), because you don't have to color really carefully that it kind of negates the time of two steps. Give them a try and you'll see what I mean!




Of course I had to use an Easter basket full of eggs too. Because I knew I would be blending the eggs with water, I did not color all the details separate colors. I'm not that good with my waterbrush!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails