Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nantahala River and Herb & Onion Bread

These pictures are from way back in '07, and I am so glad that I DIDN'T scrapbook them back then! That may seem crazy to you, but I think what I have now is more meaningful than what I would have had then. Stacy Julian talks about "aging" your photos, and she is so right. By letting them sit and "perk," I was able to go a lot deeper than just the pictures.

My journaling talks about sharing part of my childhood with the girls: rafting on the river and eating at the River's End Restaurant. My mom was able to get their scrumptious Herb and Onion Bread recipe, which she used to make for us from time to time.

Even though my girls weren't crazy about the bread (I don't know what their problem is!), I included the recipe on the backside of the flip-flap.




This layout is based on the Imagine Small Packages layout (as suggested in the Veranda Workshop on the Go).

All supplies from Close To My Heart: The Works alphabet, Live Inspired, Picture Perfect, and Today's Date stamp sets; Veranda paper pack; Colonial White card stock; Cocoa, Juniper, and Creme Brulee ink; Juniper and Cocoa markers; Z1206 Basic Craft Buttons; Z1217 Metal brads; Z1275 Antiqued Copper Mini-Medley; Z280 natural hemp

{2010 layout #25}

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the good memories, honey. This also makes me think of our cabin and baking many H&O loaves of bread there. Now I want some! Love the pages...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the wonderful bread at the NOC, too, and how yummy it tasted at the end of a day outdoors! And I had the recipe at one time, and have made it, but it has been many years ago. Would you share your recipe with me? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails