Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer Starts NOW!

Despite what the calendar says, in my opinion Summer starts NOW! I finished up at work yesterday (whew!), so now I'm "off" until August. I'm sure I will go by school some this summer to work on various projects at my own pace, but my official duties for my 17th year of teaching are oh-vah!
This afternoon the girls and I finish our dance season with the Stephanie Grace Dance Studio's recital, "Now That's Entertainment!" It is going t be a great show! (And it's not too late to get tickets if you're in the area!) Macey dances in four dances, Ansley three, and me two, if you count our grand finale, a tribute to Michael Jackson. (You can be on the lookout for photos later this week.)
Tomorrow will be bittersweet as we celebrate our interim rector's tenure with us and his departure to sweet retirement. I know the luncheon will be fabulous, but we will miss Father Yeary immensely. (Father Wilson, our new priest, has some big shoes to fill but will do a great job.)
Today's cards are from a pair of guest CTMH artists. I selected these to help you get into the celebratory spirit this weekend! Both start with the Zippidee paper pack. The card at left, by Patti Arrington, uses the new BOOM! stamp set. How fun! At right, Stacy Gibbs shows how a baby card can be adorable even with untraditional colors. I'm loving Zippidee's primary palette muted with Desert Sand and Bamboo! You absolutely have to have the Happy Holidays stamp set she used: there is something for almost everything throughout the year! It is so versatile.
Have a great weekend, y'all, and stay safe!

2 comments:

  1. Memorial Day w/e begins summer in my eyes as well. Nice cards.

    I am making Marinated Roma Tomatoes for the luncheon. Yumm... J+ has done a great job, and will be missed.

    Break a leg times three today!!! Joy and I will be cheering!...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, all 3 of you! I enjoyed the recital - and yes, this is the kick-off weekend for summer. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails