Friday, August 27, 2010

Autumn/Winter CTMH Idea Book BLOG HOP

The upcoming Autumn/Winter Close To My Heart Idea Book will be released on Wednesday, September 1 (I am so excited!), so 40 Close To My Heart consultants are celebrating by hosting a blog hop to whet your appetite for the new products you'll find in it! (If you're coming from Cindy L.'s Papers, Pads, and Pictures blog then you're on the right path. Head to Paper Creations by Wendy after scrolling down through my post.) If you're just starting out, grab something to drink and a pad and pen (to write down all the things you have to have!), enjoy my post, and click the link at the end to hop to the next blog.

Since I went to Convention in July, I have had quite a bit of new product to play with for a while. It has been hard keeping it all under wraps! (Today is just the start of all the fun new products and projects, so be sure to come back here often. Thanks!) This gorgeous flamingo stamp set (D1438 Circle of Love) was given to us at Convention, and it has been killing me to keep it under wraps since then! Isn't it gorgeous? I don't know why, but I LOVE this stamp set!!! (It may be because I have a thing for birds, but that is for another day.)

I made this card for my downline (the wonderful gals who signed up under me as CTMH consultants) following the 8"x3.5" card sketch,"Lower Layers," from the Wishes how-to guide. I used the new colors Pear, Sky, Lagoon, Pacifica, and Gypsy to ink up this beautiful bird, the saying, etc. Each piece was ink distressed in the matching color or Pacifica. I used a little Lagoon ribbon and Purple Sparkles to dress up this beauty.

Do you embellish your envelopes and/or the insides of your cards? These simple steps can really delight the recipient! Going that extra mile won't take you much time at all. For this card, I just inked up the swirl with the different inks (cleaning between each stamping) and stamped it on the inside of the card and the front of the envelope. (I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card but you get the idea with the envelope.) I even used my Sky and Pacifica markers for the addresses.

You can see all the NEW and exciting new Close To My Heart products on my website HERE. (If you find something you'd like for yourself and you don't already have a consultant, please contact me at haleyd@myctmh.com or visit my website.) Be sure to check them out online beginning 9/1. (Also, ask me how you can get your free Autumn Idea Book. It's easier than you think!)

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog! Now hop on over to Paper Creations by Wendy for another sneak peek! Be sure to visit all the consultants' blogs. You won't want to miss a thing! Also, don't forget about Creative University- Online tomorrow! Check out my sidebar or scroll down for a recent post with more info. Have a creative weekend!

All supplies from Close To My Heart: D1438 Circle of Love stamp set; Summer Celebration and Summer Carnival card stock combo packs; Colonial White card stock; Pear, Sky, Lagoon, Pacifica, and Gypsy inks; Z1340 Lagoon Mini Medley accents; Z1326 Red, Pink, & Purple Sparkles Assortment

16 comments:

  1. Haley-the bird turned out GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peacock is BEAUTIFUL. I think I may have to get it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! I'll have to try that multi color stamping - you executed it fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this stamp set is amazing-love the beautiful colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. Isn't the peacock great?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, beautiful card! Can't wait to see the new catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely beautiful. Just love the way you stamped and embellished the peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The peacock turned out beautiful! Not sure mine will ever look as good as that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your class! You're funny and a great teacher (hopefully that's not a surprise since you ARE a teacher!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haley - I loved how you added the bling to the peacock tail feathers. As always, your artwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love what you did with the peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Love that peacock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails