Saturday, August 21, 2010

Something Splendid Swap Cards

Where has this month gone? This week at least has been a blur- it was our first full week of school. It went well for all three of us, but of course we're still adjusting to getting up (and going to bed) early, not having all day to do things, etc. This next week will be incredibly busy as we have something every single day Sunday through Saturday. Yikes! Hopefully I can remember to take my vitamins because I'll need them!

I can't believe we're nearing the end of the month, and I haven't shared these beautiful cards with you! Each month, I participate in a stamp of the month swap. I create 8 identical cards and receive back all these gorgeous cards. The ladies in my group are so talented! (I mailed of my September stamp of the month cards yesterday, and I can't wait to show them to you- next month!)

Top photo, clockwise from top left: paper piercing adds such beautiful detail to an already gorgeous card (by Pam Beery); the crisscrosses are made using a bone folder or scoring blade and sanding (unknown artist); so fun and summery (Taralyn), and the embossed resist paint technique by Bridget Mahler


Clockwise again from top left: clear embossed sunflower; distressed card by yours truly; glitz glue gel flower center by TAS; and polka dots with the center flower stamp by Carla Ramirez



Can you see the sheen and shine of the clear embossing?

A close up of Bridget's artistic embossed resist paint technique (which is the technique we used at Stamp Camp for our wall hangings)
A close up of Pam's paper piercing and beautiful addition of Heavenly Blue sponged onto the flower image
Remember, the August stamp of the month, Something Splendid, is only available until the end of the month!

1 comment:

  1. Something Splendid indeed! Nice...and I'm missing the party tomorrow:(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails