Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Daredevil Macey Layout

Our younger daughter is our more adventurous child. She won't rush blindly into things, but she has been known to throw most caution to the wind. (She got her nose out of joint this weekend when her sister learned to dive off the dock! She's not quite ready for that yet.)

I knew that I wanted to preserve this aspect of her personality, so I had started to save photos of her being, well, adventurous. (The funny thing is that her sister is in three of them, two enjoying the action with her.) The second layout suggested in the Splendor Workshop on the Go (from Stamp Camp) was perfect! (It's the "Asymmetric" sketch from Cherish, and having those instructions makes it so fast and easy to put together a layout. I did turn the left page to make it work better with my pictures.)

Since I had quite a few cute photos of the action on the bungee trampoline, I'm using a flip flap to add two more photos to the layout without taking up more space. (I will just pull off the adhesive strip to attach the flip flap to the page protector when I'm ready to put them in her album.)

Because the events and stories behind the photos were random, punching out circles of B&T paper and numbering them helped me identify what's going on in each picture in the journaling box. This allowed me to save space and add more pictures.

Do you like the peek at the NEW Old World Alphabet stamp set? It will be available 9/1!

{Layout 2010 #40}

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the idea of using the punched circles to label the pictures. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails