Monday, March 26, 2012

H2H Challenges: Embossing & CR84FN 50

This week's Heart 2 Heart challenge is to use embossing (heat embossing or dry embossing or both) on your project. I chose to heat emboss one of the pretty flowers from the new Card Word Puzzle stamp set. My color scheme was inspired by the CR84FN color challenge #50: pink, orange, and yellow.

My mother-in-law has a BIG birthday coming up (even bigger than my upcoming big birthday), so I made this card for her. To begin, I random stamped the flower image with clear Versamark ink all over the front panel. I heat embossed with white embossing powder (which makes a lovely wedding card that you will see in the near future). Then the fun began! I used my waterbrush to paint each flower. The flower centers and a few of the flowers are Sunny Yellow, a few more flowers are Sunset, and the rest are Hollyhock. I love how the white embossing pops when you add color over it. I even painted outside the lines a bit so that you can really see that white embossing.
The center sentiment was cut using the CTMH/Cricut Art Philosphy cartridge. All the words are from the Card Word Puzzle stamp set. (I had to include a picture of it because you get so much- 63 stamps- for so little money- only $13.95!)
I used some white grosgrain ribbon and pearls to accent my card. The Just Blooms paper butterfly is sponged with the same colors as the flowers.

Now it's your turn to share your embossed projects at the Heart 2 Heart Challenges blog. Just remember to use some Close To My Heart products to submit. If you need some inspiration, our Design Team has lots of great ideas for you!
Have a fabulous week!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! The butterfly is my favorite touch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your grandmother would have loved this card with the butterfly:) I know your MiL will love it too. It's beautiful, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Haley! That stamped background looks fabulous and love the beautiful butterfly! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the flowers are so pretty - soft, delicate and gorgeous! I'm sure your MIL will adore the card. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails