Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Stamp of the Month Meets Card Patterns Sketch 155

Card Patterns is a challenge blog that posts a new card sketch to try each Saturday. This week's sketch immediately made me think of the large circle stamp in the Close To My Heart March stamp of the month, Potential, so I made this card yesterday.
I began with a Colonial White A2 standard side-fold card base. I cut pieces of the Stella paper pack to fit just inside the card base. The lighter piece on the left is 1.5" to accommodate the pretty swirl stamp (that I ended up mostly covering! LOL). I inked up the edges of everything with Cocoa ink. The medallion was stamped in Lagoon. (I am loving the Lagoon & Olive color combo!)

I used a piece of (retired) Garden Green organdy ribbon from my stash. The little flowers are from the new Paradise paper blooms collection. The cocoa buttons were embellished with Lagoon sparkles (also on the medallion along with Mocha opaques self-adhesive pearls). All supplies are from Close To My Heart except for the large Marvy scalloped circle punch.
I can't decide if I like this card better as a side fold or as a top fold. Which do you prefer? I left the inside blank so that it could be turned either way.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Maybe I like top fold best, but really it works both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the horizontal version best. (to me the vertical looks "bottom heavy") JMHO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ribbon going horizontal, not vertical. Very pretty...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails