Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Yum! (Layout #26)

The title of this layout, "we love chocolate" says it all! The photos are from Macey's birthday this year, but the layout will actually go in our "Things We Love" album. (Remember the Library of Memories?)

These pictures totally crack me up! Sorry if you find the one of my nephew gross; I think it's hysterical!!! I ended up choosing the "Leading Lady" sketch from Imagine, the Life's Delights paper pack, and of course my Chocolate alphabet stamps. I would have never thought to pair Chocolate and Cocoa together, but that is something we did at last year's Convention. It works so well here to showcase the scrumptious chocolate.

To create the sinfully rich title, I stamped each letter of "chocolate" in Cocoa ink and then immediately sprinkled clear embossing powder on them. Can you see the shine on the detail shot? In the green file folder, I have included a hand-written copy of the cake recipe that we love (see below).

To embellish the layout, I used some Chocolate ribbon and some of the metal pieces from the Chocolate Mini Medley accents. Do you detect a pattern here?

Now, here's a little something just for you. The girls have requested this cake for the last several birthdays, so here's the recipe for you. I think that it originally came from my Aunt Carolyn, but I got it from my Mom. Betty Crocker we are not, but I promise this cake is easy and delicious!
Triple Chocolate Cake
1 box deep chocolate cake mix
1 sm. box instant chocolate pudding
1/2 c. oil (or applesauce + 1-2 Tbsp oil)
1/2 c. strong coffee
8 oz. sour cream
4 eggs
12 oz. (1-1/2 c.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Grease Bundt pan. Mix everything except chocolate chips for 5 minutes w/mixer. Add in the chips. Pour into the prepared pan and back for 65 minutes. When completely cooled, turn out onto cake plate. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

6 comments:

  1. Cute L/O! And no, this recipe came from Janelee under a different name. I dubbed it as the TCC...or "Trinity" when you take it to a church function:-) It is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is just so much fun! I love all the details. The paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout ...but I am so tired of life's delights.
    Looks better when you use it. I love that technique with the clear embossing on the ink and use it a lot. it makes cards look elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you something on my blog...check it out at iluv2cre84u.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have sampled that cake on more than one occasion and it is yummy! The layout is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout and thanks for the recipe. I left you something over at my blog...clearlystamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails