Friday, April 15, 2011

CTMH Product Spotlight Blog Hop: My Creations Projects

WELCOME to this month's CTMH Product Spotlight Blog Hop! This month's we're have 8 talented CTMH consultants who are featuring our versatile My Creations 3-D Products. I chose to use one of the pieces of the All-Sorts Mini Album to create a wall hanging. (If you've come from Nikka's blog then you're hopping right along. Otherwise, start here, and then click to the next link- Tamytha's blog- to hop along and see all the great ideas. If you get lost along the way, come back HERE.)


I began with one of the pieces of an All-Sorts mini album that I had leftover from another project. I distressed the top and bottom with Colonial White and Chocolate inks to match the Bliss papers I chose to use. I then cut a panel of Grey Flannel card stock to cover the main portion of the chipboard piece and distressed its edges with Chocolate.


Finally, I stamped the chairs from the Chairs to You stamp set (a sneak peek at the May stamp of the month!). Some I stamped on Bliss patterned paper and others I stamped directly onto the card stock base and then embellished with paper-piece cushions. Finally, I used the Old World Alphabet in Chocolate to spell out "Welcome." The Twilight-colored sentiment is from the Chairs to You set. A few brads and some ribbon later, a welcoming wall hanging to grace our entryway.


Here are a few more My Creations projects I've made, if you'd like to check them out before you hop along. Friendship Wall Hanging

Princess Mini Album

Summer Wall Hanging

Boo Banner

Thanks Banner

Joyful Banner (on the back of the Thanks banner!)


Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think of this project. Now hop on over to Tamytha's blog!


All supplies from Close To My Heart: Old World Alphabet and Chairs to You (May 2011 stamp of the month) stamp sets; Bliss paper pack; All-Sorts Mini Album; Chocolate, Twilight, and Colonial White ink; blending pen; Pewter My Accents Mini-Medley; Shimmer Brads; Twilight cordouroy brad; Colonial White ribbon (retired); Chocolate ribbon (retired)

4 comments:

  1. That is just as sweet as it can be! I like that...very 'homey.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I feel the need to own the Old World stamp set. lol
    Your wall hanging is adorable. I especially love how you paper pieced the cushions on the chairs. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great minds think alike. i was wondering if everyone was gonna do wall art. yours is so cute. gave me ideas of how to use the chairs to you stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use for a "leftover"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails