Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial: Faux Edge Anchors

Saturday, a few friends and I created the Grace workshop I had advertised earlier in the month. (My last two posts were the layouts from the workshop.) We had a great time chatting, stamping, scrapping, and card making! We got sooooo much done!

Joy was so clever! She created this adorable faux edge anchor by using a small rectangle of Barn Red card stock (AKA scrap destined for the trash), added two brads, and created a cute embellishment. I love it!

If you give this new technique a try, be sure to leave a comment linking your creation so we can check it out. Very cool use of scraps! Thanks, Joy!

5 comments:

Joy said...

You are quite welcome, it was a neat way to use some scraps and brads. And it was a fun class. I've still got 6 more cards to make, probably tomorrow.

Leslie said...

I wish I could do that. I am such a brad hoarder. I have a drawer full and three cases of craft jars full and rarely ever use one. Maybe I can try this on my next card. Thanks and thank Joy for the inspiration.

Debora Quigley said...

Joy - how creative!

Leslie- don't be a brad hoarder. have yo ever noticed on pages that have the extra "bling" how many have multiple multipe brads?

Sandy B said...

That Joy is one clever gal! And the card looks great. Release those brads!!!

itsabrt said...

This is a fantastic Idea way to go scrapping buddy Joy! Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails