Monday, August 8, 2011

H2H Challenge: Hot!


Is it HOT enough for you?!? I'm (almost) looking forward to starting work tomorrow (as a teacher) to be in the AC! This week's Heart 2 Heart challenge is to interpret the theme "HOT!" Whatever that might mean to you, show us what you've got. As always, there are two fabulous prizes being offered this month to two lucky participants. The only requirements are that you link your creations to H2H by the end of the month and that you use some wonderful Close To My Heart products.


Every time I think of the word "HOT," I can't help but think of ways to cool down. Our camping trip to the beach a few weeks ago was HOT, so I began looking at my photos from our trip for some inspiration. Our younger daughter really wanted to see a sunrise over the ocean, so she and I got up (way) early on the last day of our vacation and witnessed a gorgeous sunrise. It was definitely HOT, but the water and the breeze helped cool us off.

I took my color scheme right from nature: Smoothie (pretty sunrise pink), Sunset (could be Sunrise too), Tulip (for a punch of deep heat), and Sky (to cool things off a bit). I eneded up mirroring my layout on the two pages, and I kept it very simple to let the photos speak for themselves.


Now it's your turn to turn up the heat and show us what "HOT" means to you. Join us at H2H during the "HOT" month of August! We've got some HOT prize packs to offer, thanks to our two generous sponsors.


All supplies from CTMH: Old World Alphabet and Post Card- Travel Series stamp sets; Sunset, Sunrise, Sky, and Colonial White card stock; Perfect Day paper pack (Tulip pattern, retired); Sunset, Sunrise, Tulip, and Sky inks; Shimmer Brads; journaling pens


{Layout 2011 #57}

6 comments:

  1. I can actually say this l/o looks even prettier in the real. Good (hot) job, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout, and I agree, it does look even better "in person." Makes me want to go to the beach...in a couple of months when it cools off some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gorgeous photos are certainly the center of attention - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on the beautiful photos, and you've chosen a great color scheme to showcase them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos & layout! They make me want to be THERE! What a sunset!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails