Wednesday, October 31, 2012

November Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Capture the Date

You are sure to get lots of great ideas to use with the Close To My Heart November stamp of the month, Capture the Date, by hopping along this month's blog hop!  If you're already hopping, then you should have arrived here from Laila's blog.  You can continue on to the next blog and circle around by going to Laurie Newton's blog next.

If you're familiar with my blog, then you probably know that I am on a year-long scrapbooking journey I've dubbed "12 for '12."  (I even have a Facebook group for those interested.)  Each month, I am creating a "highlights" layout to remember all the big (and little) things we've done.  I started this last year and wish I had started them so much sooner!  Here's my title page for this year's album:
I began with two of my favorite family photos from this year, the gorgeous Avonlea paper pack, and a single sketch from the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1, how-to guide.  All of the stamping is from the November stamp of the month, Capture the Date.  I was going for a "subway" style of artwork.  Not sure I succeeded but I like the way it turned out anyway.
For both of the columns of months, I stamped them directly from the carrier sheet- not on a block!  CTMH had them lined up so beautifully, and I knew that I'd never get them perfectly straight again on my own!  I cut the banner and journaling block by hand (and then matted the block on some of the light green cardstock in the Avonlea paper pack.)  Of course I had to bling this layout up- it is the title page and all!  A little shimmer trim, some sparkles, and a beautiful Avonlea Brocade Assortment medallion (which I also blinged up some more with sparkles).
Thanks for hopping by!  Go visit Laurie's blog next to Capture the Date!

All supplies from CTMH: Capture the Date (Nov. 2012 stamp of the month); Avonlea paper pack; Twilight, Chocolate, Slate, Olive, and Sweet Leaf inks; Chocolate marker; Avonlea Brocade Assortment; sparkles; silver shimmer trim

5 comments:

  1. Your "12 for 12" is a great idea...and this is a lovely title page for the album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your little touches of bling on this, Haley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page - I always enjoyed looking at how your girls are growing up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails