Friday, December 7, 2012

SOS Challenges: Circle Around

This month's Scrap Our Stash Challenge is "circle around."  As St. Nick circles the world this month, we want you to incorporate circles on your layout!
Now, my layout has nothing to do with good ol' St. Nick, but I did use lots of circles!  Our older daughter is now a freshman in high school, so I recently scrapbooked the photos I took of her all dressed up and ready for Fall Ball, her first high schools dance.  For the layout, I used a sketch from Close To My Heart's Make It From the Heart, Vol. 1 how-to guide, but modified it to fit my photos.  I also dragged out my big Marvy circle and scalloped circle punches.
The retired Baby Pink and Grey Flannel cardstock and inks are a perfect match for her dress!  I also accented this layout with the retired Bliss pink & grey flower assortment.  Here's a close up of the title (Old World Alphabet) with that gorgeous silver shimmer trim self-adhesive tape:
Since it was her dance, I had her write the journaling for her layout.  I love how it all came together!


Now it's your turn!  Circle around with us at SOS!  All styles, products, and skill levels are welcome.  Scrap your stash and share with us!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job...and subject. Love that gal, but how did she get that big so quickly?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, and she looked so pretty. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails