Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Happy Hello + TSoT Challenge 207

When I saw the Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch for their Challenge #207, I knew that it would be perfect for the CTMH February stamp of the month, A Happy Hello.

My first take on the sketch is a CAS (clean and simple) card.  I used the Heartstrings paper pack with Lagoon, Cranberry, and Hollyhock inks plus Aqua Dots for embellishments.  What do you think?
 For my second card, I used a large panel of Heartstrings B&T on my card front and cut out each individual flower/medallion.  Instead of the message on the outside, I used Lagoon washi tape and a strip of white shimmer trim, plus some of the lighter Aqua Dots.
Which card do you like better?  Let me know in the comments section, please.  My favorite isn't the one I thought it would be as I sat down to create these two versions of the Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch!  I can say that it's been a productive snow day.

{All of my supplies are from Close To My Heart.  You can find them HERE if you're interested.  Thanks!}

7 comments:

  1. #3 is tops to me, then 2. I just like those colors better than #1, which is still a good card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the first one myself, so simple and understand, but classy. Great take on our sketch this week. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both cute but I prefer the simple one! Really shows off the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haley, both of your cards are really cute. If I had to choose one I'd say I like the first one the best. I like the CAS look of it. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are very pretty! Lovely colors! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, I love your color choice.. perfect. Thankyou so much for joining is at Try Stampin on Tuesdays, hope to see you again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty take on our sketch this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Thanks for joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails