Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Live Your Day National Papercrafting Month Blog Hop

Close To My Heart is offering a fabulous promotion this month in honor of National Papercrafting Month: Live Your Day Picture My Life cards!  Join my talented group of blog hop consultants as we share ideas with this pretty product.  (If you're already hopping then you've arrived from Darlys' blog and will visit Jennifer next.)
To maximize these PML cards, I decided to get a start on my 2016 photo-a-day project.  (Last year I commemorated every single day with a photo, and I decided to carry on in 2016.)  Above is my album opener.  (The top right and bottom left will feature family photos from later this year; I'll know when I have two good ones!)  I paired up the Live Your Day PML kit with the Beautiful You PML kit.

I just realized that I flipped the January card for the photo!  January will actually be on the back of the layout- the 2016 side will be on the front!  Anyway, for the top left card, I colored the heart and the flourish with Pixie ink and a blending pen and then traced the arrow with my black journaling pen.  Dream Big is from the retired November stamp of the month.
These cards got a little embellishing from some random Cricut shapes (leftovers from other projects that match this one well) and pink enamel gems.
Here is the back of the title page.  Again, the 2016 card will be on the front and the January card will show on this side.  We had a great New Year's Eve with friends, and actually stayed up until the 1st.
 Here is the next page with photos from Jan. 1, 2, and 3. My goal is to work on this project weekly because I do not have all of last year's photos scrapped (in part because I ordered my pictures monthly and I got overwhelmed).

Thanks for stopping by!  Now go check out Jennifer's project next!
Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.

9 comments:

  1. I'm impressed, you actually already have this New Year's Eve pictures printed and put on a page. The gold accents are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love how beautifully it coordinates with other PML products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! Looks mighty good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fun project! You did great pages for the start of your 2016 book, lookin' good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too fun with you incorporating these cards with others! Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Love how you incorporated other PML cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages (and start to) for scrapping 2016.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails