Monday, April 29, 2019

H2H Challenges: Florals AKA April Stamp of the Month Lever Fun-Fold Birthday Card

Okay, that title is kind of a mouthful for this pretty card!  I made it for my mother-in-law's birthday earlier this month using the April stamp of the month, Love So Sweet.  It certainly qualifies for Heart2Heart Challenges Florals challenge to kick off May.
The way this card opens is pretty spectacular (if I do say so myself).
It's called a lever fun fold, and I used the instructions found HERE.  (No sense in making my own tutorial because hers is very clear.)
I did cut my center square about a sixteenth of an inch smaller than the Fern card base square so that the center panel and butterfly would pass through easily.
Because my MIL's favorite color is yellow, I used Canary and Saffron inks for the flowers.  I colored the butterfly with Sugarplum and Gold shimmer brushes, and of course added some shimmer to the flowers also.  The patterned paper on the inside is from the Feels Like Home collection.
If you don't have any shimmer brushes, at least get the clear one so that your projects can sparkle too!  Be sure to see what the H2H Design Team has created for the Florals challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails