Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The Pretty of Paper-Piecing Technique Blog Hop

This month's technique blog hop, the Pretty of Paper-Piecing, was honestly a challenge for me!  I think you're going to learn a lot along this month's hop.  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Lauren's blog.  From here, you'll visit Darlys next.)
My project might not be what you were expecting when you thought of paper-piecing.  While I was struggling for ideas, I turned to Pinterest (of course), and all of the paper-piecing projects were for quilts.  One thought led to another, and I decided to create a sunburst card.

I used strips of scraps from my Summer Vibes collection.  As you can see below, the pieces behind the focal sentiment are a hot mess.  I maybe should have trimmed them a little more at an angle (less rectangular and more triangular), and I wish that I had added some gold shimmer trim.  The thing is, because I was using scraps, there's really no way for me to make it again unless I start cutting up big pieces of paper.
For the focal sentiment, from the July Stamp of the Month, For My Beautiful Friend, I first inked up the sentiment in Lemonade, then Smoothie, and the Candy Apple before stamping it on the White Daisy rectangle.  Even the Smoothie mat was a scrap that I cut down a bit.

Here's another quick card that used paper piecing for the focal sun.  I stamped it first in Lemonade, then again on scrap in Black.  I cut out the Black circle center and adhered it to the Lemonade sun.

Thanks for letting me share some quick & easy paper-piecing projects with you.  After leaving a comment, hop on over to Darlys's blog to continue.


7 comments:

  1. I love the sunburst, I also checked pinterest LOL- and agree, any paper pieces used to great a lovely sunburst would be "paper-piecing".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sunburst. I also love how you inked the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, I really like your sunburst card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the sunburst technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sunburst card - so bright & colourful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ombre stamping looks great with the card design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paper piecing as a quilter is a whole different process! It took me a minute to figure out what "paper piecing" with paper meant, since I was used to sewing fabric onto a paper pattern then tearing it away. But it is a fun technique either way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails