Saturday, January 12, 2008

Why scrapbook?

Right now, my Mom & I are taking a class over at Bigpicturescrapbooking.com called "Get Organized & Be Inspired", and it's based on the book The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker and taught by the author. Our project last week was to create our "mission statement" (and as soon as I get mine finished I'll post it). This poem came into my inbox this week from a different source, but couldn't have come at a better time. It's an oldie but goodie.

Maybe you've thought about scrapbooking and aren't sure that it's for you. I'll be the first to say that it's not for everyone, BUT if you take pictures or keep pictures you've been given, think about this poem.

Strangers in The Box by Pam Harazim
Come, look with me inside this drawer,
In this box I've often seen,
At the pictures, black and white,
Faces proud, still, and serene.

I wish I knew the people,
These strangers in the box,
Their names and all their memories,
Are lost among my socks.

I wonder what their lives were like,
How did they spend their days?
What about their special times?
I'll never know their ways.

If only someone had taken time,
To tell who, what, where and when,
These faces of my heritage,
Would come to life again.

Could this become the fate,
Of the pictures we take today?
The faces and the memories,
Someday to be passed away?

Take time to save your stories,
Seize the opportunity when it knocks,
Or someday you and yours,
Could be strangers in the box.

(If you ever decide you'd like to start scrapbooking, let me show you how!)

4 comments:

  1. Oaky, I am feeling guilty now. I am a shutterbug, I try to scrap, boy do I ever have the equipment and supplies to do it, now where do I find the time? Between 3 kids, taking all these pics and livin' life....hmmm...I guess I am going to end up on a lonely old box huh? Stop posting these "make me feel guilty" posts or I'm gonna quit readin'!!! :-)

    Miss ya,
    Kimberly in Cali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, obviously I don't spell check or proofread well either, LOL!!! I've got lots of problems it seems....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel guilty!!!! Rather than become strangers in the box, consider adding a few notes with the pictures as you file them (or however you store them) so that all the memories won't be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, just how'd you get to be so smart and all? I need you to live closer to me. I am sure we could get into all sorts of trouble together, wink!

    I love seeing all the new pictures of the girls. I can't believe how fast they grow. They sure are beautiful!

    Miss ya,
    ~K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails