Friday, May 21, 2010

It's the Last Day of School!

Today is our students' last day of school! Where has the year gone?!? It has absolutely flown by. (The years are definitely getting faster and faster, and I know I'm not- yet- on the downhill side.) The past few weeks have been C-R-A-Z-Y CRAZY so I haven't had much time to post! (I have lots to share; just no time.)

This day is always so bittersweet for me. I am sad to send my students on, yet excited for them. We're all ready for a break! Though we didn't accomplish as much as we had hoped and planned, they did learn a lot and are ready to move on.

My girls have both had good years. The 3rd grader is sooo sad that today has come! She does not want school to end. This year's teacher is her absolute favorite. We couldn't be happier all the way around!

Yesterday at field day, a young man walked over to me. It was one of my darling former 5th graders who will be graduating tonight! He wanted to come by and say hi (and bye) one more time. It means so much that he still remembers me and our class, and that it meant enough to stop by and share how he's doing, his plans for college, etc.

At 8:30 this morning, I will meet DH at the middle school for their awards ceremony (a little birdie mentioned something about an award for our DD) and then truck back to my classroom for our awards ceremony at 9:30 followed by our class party.

Tonight two friends and many former students will graduate from the high school. Way to go Katie, Ethan, Ben, and the Class of 2010!!!

(Disclaimer: Today's artwork is courtesy of CTMH and not my original art.)

2 comments:

  1. End of school is always happy/sad, but we all look forward to a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan? Is that Traci's Ethan? Wow, I had missed that one. Can he be old enough to graduate from high school? (Actually, that's the way I feel about all of them this year.) But happy last day of school to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails